Tuesday, September 23, 2008

happiness & texts

Yesterday was my birthday, and from 6:30am the text messages started arriving . . . thank you to my family & friends for the birthday greetings . . . especially my mom who, as usual, woke me up on my birthday.

And as per tradition, Malc planned and plotted a surprise dinner. The chosen restaurant was actually the restaurant that started the birthday tradtion, I surprised Malc to this restaurant several years go. Without further ado, I present my birthday dinner . . . at Yoshii Restaurant (115 Harrington street, Sydney 2000, ph +61) 02 9247 2566).


Appetiser: Cuttlefish marinated with white miso, Deep fried Japanese taro & chicken mince, Daily fish Nanbanzuke wrapped with potato mousse and Duck foie gras and kelp seaweed tsukudani



Zucchini flower tempura filled with cuttlefish mousse with cuttlefish ink salt



Milk fed veal sashimi served with forest mushroom dressing


Spanner crab mousse wrapped with long net mushroom in edamame bonino



Slowly braised wagyu beef cheek in red miso and red wine



Sushi



Dessert (mine): Mascapone



Dessert (Dr Malc): Smoked ice cream

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god, this looks divine...am most intrigued by the smoked ice-cream too; this almost beats Tetsuya's blue cheese ice cream for ingenuity...

 
At 4:53 pm, Blogger kiddo said...

where abouts is this? It looks great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home